HAVE YOU EVER HAD QUINOA GRANOLA? BECAUSE IF NOT, YOU’RE MISSING OUT!
Sure, that is proper – Quinoa.
Superfood and grain extraordinaire that you’re used to cooking in water like rice. Besides in my Quinoa Granola Recipe you utilize it uncooked, and it turns into these crispy crunchy little bits that work completely!
Years in the past I beloved a Quinoa granola recipe from the e book Quinoa 365, however my copy has been buried in our storage for over 5 years now (disgrace on me, I do know).
So I made a decision to experiment to create my very own recipe. After some trial and error, I’ve discovered the right, straightforward combo for a barely candy, nutty granola that I am certain you will all love!
As I discussed, Quinoa in granola is every kind of superior; Like tiny little crispy crunchies that add such a pleasant texture. The hot button is to not add an excessive amount of, so you’ve got obtained an awesome steadiness of clusters, nuts and seeds.
There are a few must-haves for this recipe to work: Oats, Nuts, Quinoa (duh!), Coconut Oil, Honey or Maple Syrup. All the pieces else is fairly non-obligatory!
This granola is simply barely candy, with a toasty crunch that you’re going to love on yogurt (it’s AMAZING on my Greek Yogurt Recipe!), blended with raisins or dried fruits, or with some milk of your selection as a cereal.
I like to make use of pumpkin seeds in mine and a few shredded coconut, however you may simply substitute to do sunflower seeds, some sesame or a mix – get inventive!
Equally, you do not have to make use of almonds on this recipe. Walnuts could be wonderful, or you may do pecans and even some peanuts. Or only a combine of an entire bunch of nuts, simply be sure that they’re uncooked, not salted or roasted.
[click_to_tweet tweet=”Quinoa in granola is all kinds of awesome; Teeny tiny little crispy crunchies! Check out this recipe:” quote=”Quinoa in granola is all kinds of awesome; Teeny tiny little crispy crunchies! Check out this recipe:”]
WHAT MAKES IT CLUMP?
The magic ingredient to make this granola clump collectively because it cools for gloriously delish chunks is egg white. I do know – bizarre proper?! However its the important thing to getting this Quinoa Granola Recipe elevated to the right texture!
The trick is to beat your egg white till it’s white and foamy like a comfortable peaked meringue (so comfortable sufficient that it slides off a spoon). If you toss the granola in an egg white, it helps bind it and that’s what offers you larger clusters that make granola subsequent stage!
MAKING IT VEGAN FRIENDLY
This will simply be carried out by swapping the honey for maple syrup in terms of sweeteners.
For the egg, I’d suggest utilizing cup of Aquafaba (do not forget that from my Vegan Meringues Recipe?) and beating it with an electrical mixer till comfortable white peaks like an egg white.
WHAT EQUIPMENT YOU’LL NEED
- One giant non-stick baking sheet (mine is 12x17and labored completely)
- Mixing Bowl
- Steel Spatula to flip granola
- Hand mixer or Electrical Mixer to beat egg white
HOW TO MAKE MY QUINOA GRANOLA
It’s SO easy to make this tasty deal with! It is 5 fundamental steps:
- Beat egg white till white and foamy like meringue
- Warmth honey and coconut oil till they mix easily
- Toss all dry substances in a bowl
- Combine in honey combination after which egg white
- Bake for approx half-hour, tossing midway.
Prepare dinner Time:
This tasty, crispy granola is stuffed with good for you quinoa, almonds, oats and shelled pumpkin seeds. It is evenly candy and clumps into good bite-sized items.
0.50 cup (170g), Quinoa, Raw
2 tbsp(s), Brown Sugar
0.25 tsp, Salt
0.25 cup, Honey (or maple syrup)
1 cup dry (42g), Fast Cooking Oats
1 cup, Almonds, Uncooked
3.50 tbsp, Unrefined Coconut oil
0.25 cup, Shredded Coconut
0.25 cup Uncooked Shelled Pumpkin Seeds
1 giant, Egg white (non-obligatory – see notes)
- Preheat your oven to 325F
- Beat egg white till fluffy white and comfortable peaks.
- In a bowl, combine brown sugar, quinoa, almonds, oats, seeds and coconut.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine coconut oil and honey or maple syrup and microwave for 30 seconds or till the 2 can mix seamlessly when stirring.
- Poor honey/oil combination over granola substances and stir to mix.
- Pour egg white combination over substances and stir to mix.
- Unfold onto 12×17 baking sheet as evenly as doable.
- Bake for quarter-hour, then stir the granola as soon as, ensuring to make use of a spatula to press the granola again down into the pan.
- Bake for one more quarter-hour or till granola is golden brown and aromatic.
- Permit to chill utterly within the pan with out disturbing it (that is the way it clumps!).
- When cooled. break into clumps and retailer in hermetic bag or container for as much as 2 weeks or freeze for as much as 3 months.
In case you are plant primarily based and do not need to use egg white, you possibly can skip it, however count on the granola shall be a lot looser in texture. Equally, you possibly can take cup of Aquafaba and beat till comfortable white peaks and use that.
Use maple syrup as an alternative of honey.
The nuts and seeds will be subbed for no matter you want. You would do half and half combine, or take away seeds/coconut if to not your liking and simply sub with extra oats. Some nice choices could be walnuts, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, pecans and cashews. (notice that some nuts burn quicker so keep watch over your oven)
If you wish to add raisins or dried fruits, accomplish that after the granola is cooled.
You’ll be able to spice your granola with a little bit of cinnamon or a splash of vanilla extract should you like.
As an Amazon Affiliate and member of different affiliate packages, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Himalayan Salt Coarse Grain in Grinder
Miel Labonte Honey Natural Liquid Honey, 500 Grams
Customary Quaker Fast Oats 1 Kg
Canadian Quinoa Gluten free, Quinta Quinoa, White Quinoa Vegan Meals; 100% Grown as Canadian Qui…
Pumpkin Seeds AA 1 lb Pure & Recent Harvest
Bobs Crimson Mill Unsweetened Shredded Coconut, 340g
Natural Almonds, 8 Ounces – Uncooked, Non-GMO, No Shell, Unpasteurized, Kosher, Bulk
Wilton 2105-6900 Excellent Outcomes Premium Non-Stick Bakeware Cookie Baking Sheets Set, 2-Piece, Multicolored
Nutiva Natural Virgin Coconut Oil, 444 ml
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 118Complete Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gLdl cholesterol: 9mgSodium: 37mgCarbohydrates: 12gFibers: 2gSugars: 5gProteins: 3g